Important information about
"Soft cushion of tissue between the bones in your spine pushes out. It's painful if it presses on nerves"
SLIP DISC is a condition when there is a problem in a soft cushion of tissue(discs) that sits between the bones (vertebrae) that stack to make a spine. Each disc has two parts: a soft, gelatinous inner portion and a tough outer ring. Injury or weakness can cause the inner portion of the disc to protrude/pushes out through the outer ring. A person might experience pain, numbness and /or weakness on leg or arm if the slipped disc compresses one of the spinal nerves.
How Slipped disc happen?
- Lifting heavy and large item either once or repetitive will place great strain on your back
- Wrong posture of the body and prolong sitting or standing posture more than 2 hour in daily life activity
- Overweight individuals also high risk in getting slip disc as the disc have to support the additional weight
- Natural aging is also causes slip disc as aging causes the disc to lose its original property
Warning Signs You Should Never Ignore: Sign and Symptom Slipped Disc
Warning Signs You Should Never Ignore. Meet doctors if you having this sign and simptom more than 3months.
- Pain and numbness, most commonly on one side of the body
- Pain that extends to arms or legs
- Pain that worsens at night or with certain movements
- Pain that worsen after standing or sitting
- Pain when walking short distances
- Muscle weakness
- Tingling, aching or burning sensations in the affected area
6 Surprising Risk Factors for Slipped Discs: Don't Ignore These!
Excess body weight causes extra stress on the disks in the lower back
People with physically demanding jobs have a greater risk of back problems. Repetitive lifting, pulling, pushing, bending sideways and twisting also can increase the risk of a slip disc
Some people inherit a predisposition to developing a slip disc
It’s thought that smoking lessens the oxygen supply to disks, causing them to break down more quickly
(5) Frequent driving
Being seated for long periods combined with the vibration from the motor vehicle engine can put pressure on the spine
(6) Being sedentary
Regular exercise can help prevent a slip disc
Unlocking Relief: How Manual Physiotherapy Treats Slipped Discs
1. MAnual Technique Physiotherapy Treatment
Evidence-Based Manual Therapy Techniques by Qualified Physiotherapists is used to reduce pain and elevate results.
2. hot/cold therapy
Applied to enhance relaxation and reduce pain.
Used to relieve the pain. Electric stimulation will helps to improve the blood circulation, thus enhancing the healing process and reducing any swelling or discomfort
Stretching and strengthening exercises need to be done regularly. Exercises will restore the movement and maintain the adequate strength and stability of the spine (lumbar) joint.
5. Patient Education
- Avoid repetitive trunk movements and weight lifting
- Always strengthen your lower back and do not try to play or work through the pain
- Remember to keep on correct posture
Physiomobile, Best Physiotherapy Centre in Malaysia: Your Path to Better Health and Exceptional Services. Reach Out to Us Today!
What our client says:
Treatment Process at Physiomobile
What you will get:
- Assesment of your condition where physiotherapist help to identify patients problem.
- Treatment using Manual Technique Therapy by Certified & Professional Physiotherapy
- Exercise Therapy treatment guidedand monitor by physiotherapist
- Hold & Cold packs Treatment
- Consultation of treatment plan program suitable
- Home Exercise Program – guided by physiotherapist
- Physiotherapy centre
- Home Treatment Physio
- Corporate Physiotherapy
- Sport and wellness – Therapeutic Massage
Physiomobile have 12 physiotherapy Centre around Malaysia.
- Physiomobile Shah Alam
- Physiomobile Wangsa Melawati
- Physiomobile Kota Damansara
- Physiomobile Bandar Baru Bangi
- Physiomobile Adda Height
- Physiomobile Pasir Gudang
- Physiomobile Seri Kembangan
- Physiomobile Bandar Puteri Bangi
- Physiomobile Setia Alam
- Physiomobile Krubong
- Physiomobile BTHO
- Physiomobile Kuala Selangor
More about us